Monday, February 2, 2009

Start of a Bad Day,, & Recycle and Reduce, but Don't Reuse!

You know it's going to be a bad day when...
You know it's going to be a bad day when the high temperature for the day is 30 degrees (so there won't be any playing outside), there's a no-running-in-the-house rule, and at 8:15 you hear from the play room, "You can't catch me". Then, "Oh, yes, I can!" Thump, thump, thump, thump.......
Accompanied by another conversation:
"Mine!". "My turn!". "Mine!". "My turn!". "Mine!". "My turn!". "Mine!". "My turn!"
Followed by a chorus of crying, a round of tattling, and the smell of poopy diapers.

Overheard conversation from the kitchen table:

Child #1 -"Pick up the toy I dropped. It's over there"
Child #2 - "I don't see it there".
Child #1 - "No, not there. The other over there".
Recycle and Reduce, but don't Reuse!

Remember last post I mentioned how we try not to reuse the dishcloths because I'm never sure just where they've been? I had walked out of the bathroom to find Andrew cleaning up some spilled milk.
This week I walked out of the bathroom to find 3 yr. old Gracie hanging a dish towel on the oven door handle. She watched me out of the corner of her eyes with her eyebrows lifted and a you-don't-see-me-I'm-just-innocently-putting-this-towel-on-here look on her face. Seems she spilled milk on the floor also, and decided she could clean it up, and I'd never know. And I wouldn't have!
Now we're definitely not reusing dish towels either! I'm thinking I need a secret hidden camera in the kitchen for the 2 minutes a day I'm in the bathroom! Or I could just not go to the bathroom from 7:30a.m. - 5:30 p.m.!

No comments: